Chancellor's Award for Faculty Excellence
The Chancellor's Award for Faculty Excellence is made possible by an anonymous donor who wishes to provide the Chancellor with funds to recognize exceptional faculty at Foothill-De Anza Community College District on an annual basis.
Awardees will demonstrate the following:
- Commitment to and history of furthering our student equity agenda.
- Involvement in professional growth activities that impact teaching and learning.
- Cultivation of an environment of collaboration across constituencies and organizations.
- Above-and-beyond service to Foothill-De Anza.
- Outstanding student, peer, and administrator evaluations.
To be eligible, one must have an assignment as regular, contract, Article 7, Article 19, or Article 21 faculty during the fiscal year in which the award is given. Additionally, one must have served the equivalent of seven full-time years in faculty status at Foothill-De Anza.
A letter describing how the nominee meets the five criteria for selection should be submitted to the Chancellor no later than May 1 for awards to be presented during end-of-year celebrations in June. Anyone familiar with the faculty member's contributions may submit a nomination. The nominator need not be a current or past employee of the district.
The awardees will be selected by the Chancellor's Cabinet. Typically, there will be one awardee at each college.
Awardees will receive $7,000 and be acknowledged on the district website.
Please contact Paula Norsell in the Chancellor's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.